Sugar is the secret ingredient of the most effective homemade scrubs. Cost effective, in every house, easy to use for every skin type, 100% natural and more than sweet it will make your day! for sure! A big plus is the smoothy skin touch. Another one is the sense of relaxation. Face use, body, feet and hands it will help you to love your skin in two minutes!
body scrub : Mix a bowl of brown sugar with a few bananas. Rub the mixture gently on your body to hydrate the dry skin. In addition, you will smell wonderful all day long.
tired feet: Mix white sugar with a few drops of peppermint oil. Rub the mixture on your feet as you shower to fight dryness and get rid of dead cells. The mint keeps the skin cool for a while; this is the most ideal oil for the hot summer days.
youthful hands: For youthful and moisturized hands, mix a cup of brown sugar with 1/3 cup olive oil and a vitamin E capsule and gently rub your hands with the mixture.
Actually, brown sugar is the best for sensitive skin, because it’s the softest. All you need is to mix sugar with some oil.
Oil choices. olive oil, safflower oil, almond oil, avocado oil, and extra virgin coconut oil (our favorite!). To start off, all of these oils, except the avocado oil, are naturally antibacterial, which will help prevent any problems. Olive oil is good for really dry skin, and it won’t clog your pores. Safflower oil is a fatty oil that can help calm irritated skin and prevent clogged pores. Almond oil is fantastic because it can reduce the effects of UVB rays, and it can help improve skin tone. Avocado oil is actually extracted from the pulp of the fruit—not the seed—so it’s incredibly rich and will help your skin retain moisture. Finally, extra virgin coconut oil is packed with antioxidants and free radicals which help prevent aging. It’s one of our favorite multitaskers.
1. Choose your container, and measure your exfoliant so that the container is 3/4 full.
2. Measure out your oil. You’ll want a 2-to-1 ratio. So, twice as much sugar as oil.
3. Combine oil and sugar in a bowl, and stir until just combined.
4. Add in the fruit or vegetable chopped as finely as you can get it, and muddle the mixture together until just combined. You don’t want to mix it too much or the granules will start to dissolve.
5. Decant into your storage container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Until the next post, Style your muse and keep her “scrub-y” stunning!